What should be paid attention to when the battery is not used for a long time?
1. If the UPS power supply is not used for a long period of time, it needs to be fully charged and then placed in a dry and dark environment.
2, a fully charged UPS battery (ie lead-acid sealed sealed battery), do not connect any load empty after about six months, it is necessary to sink new to avoid battery damage. The UPS power supply should be discharged every other month or so during the storage process. After each discharge, it should be charged for 10 to 15 hours to ensure that the battery is fully activated.
3. Avoid high temperature during storage (normal storage environment should be between 0 °C and 40 °C), high temperature will accelerate the self-discharge effect of UPS built-in battery.
4. When not in use for a long time, the battery ground wire should be broken.
5, the battery charging current can not be too large, the charging voltage can not be higher than 20% of the battery voltage, should be charged according to the current of one-twentieth of the battery capacity, continuous charging for twenty-four hours. Try not to charge quickly and with high current (10 hours of charging), which will easily lead to high temperature of the battery, even reaching the boiling state of the battery electrolyte, affecting the life.
6. Always check the electrolyte level and add hydration to the standard water level in time.
7. Always clean the battery electrode post and keep it dry for good contact.
The danger of long-term use of the battery
Excessive discharge of the battery or long-term idle state does not increase the internal resistance of the battery, which may deteriorate the charge and discharge performance. For the UPS power supply that is not used for a long time, the engineer said: Let the UPS power supply be used before restarting the use. Its own charging circuit is charged for 12 hours and then connected to the load. For a backup power supply, it is best to activate the battery by letting the UPS power supply operate in the inverter for 3 to 4 minutes every other month. In addition, the charging power supply of the battery must be strictly controlled, and the maximum load power supply allowed by it should not be exceeded, because the excessive charging power supply will reduce the battery usage time and the quality of use.